You can claim up to £500 towards the installation of your home charge point.
Known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge scheme (EVHS), the grant provides up to £500 towards the cost of purchasing and installing a home charge point.
This is a government grant for electric vehicles funded by the Office for Low Emission vehicles (OLEV).
To qualify you need to;
- Have purchased an “eligible” electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle after the 1st October 2016 onwards. Please see OLEV list of eligible vehicles: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme-eligible-vehicles
- You must have private off-street parking.
- You must not have claimed under the grant previously (You can only claim a second grant if you have a second eligible vehicle in the household).
- If you rent your property you must have landlords permission.
To claim up to £500 off the cost of your new home charge point, the next steps are to answer a few simple questions and share essential documents with us when ordering your home EV charge point.
Our Process is to make your journey as seamless as possible.
- Speak with one of our EV Home Charge Co-Ordinators who will clarify grant eligibility and answer any questions you may have on EV charging.
- A remote site survey will then be arranged. We find that a video call with one of our installers is the most effective way of establishing your personal requirements and discuss any technical aspects of the work.
- You will then receive a fixed price quotation. We will NEVER increase our prices upon attendance to your property.
- Should you be happy to proceed, we will schedule a suitable installation date and request grant evidence. This is checked to ensure accuracy. Once checked, JDM Earth take full responsibility should a grant claim be declined upon submission.
- On the day of installation, one of our in house EV Electricians will complete a safe and tidy installation in line with current regulations.
- Following completion, you will receive an Electrical Installation Report for your records.
Would you like to receive a free, no obligation quotation? Please complete the contact form and one of our EV Coordinators who will come back to you!